Double T Headquarters – $675,000 – Hardin, Montana 59034
Farm Headquarters with two homes on forty acres near Garryowen, Montana. On pavement and very clean. This 40-acre parcel is being parceled off of existing wheat farm. The Headquarters is a quarter mile off I-90 and overlooks Custer Battlefield across the Little Horn River. With this location and over a million visitors a year, the extra home could be rented by the day-week-month. The main home is well located with large lawns, trees, and detached garage.
435 West Onion Creek Road, Garryowen, Montana 59031
The Double T Headquarters is located in the Little Big Horn Valley. From the farm house living room, one can lookout over Sitting Bull’s Camp and the Custer Battlefield.
LOCATION: Access to the farm is via I-90 to the Garryowen interchange onto West Onion Creek Road (a farm lane)from the frontage road. The farm is approximately a mile from the interchange. Hardin, the county seat, is 15 miles north of the farm and is a full service community. Billings, Montana’s largest city, is approximately 60 miles west via I-90. Billings offers the best in medical facilities, lots of entertainment, restaurants, supplies, retailers, and an international airport.
AREA FEATURES: The area is full of historical and recreational areas—Big Horn Recreational Area, Big Horn River, Big Horn Mountains, Custer Battlefield, and the Little Big Horn River.
The Double T Headquarters is located within and is a part of the Crow Indian Reservation. The Crow Reservation is an Open Reservation, which means non-enrolled individuals can and do own land within the reservation. Many large historic ranches are located within Crow boundaries
CLIMATE: The foothills of the Big Horn and Wolf Mountains are, arguably, the best cattle country in the west. Moderate winters and summers and 14—18 inches of rainfall in the proper seasons make for fat calves and full granaries.
ACREAGE: 40 Acres with 18 acres irrigated and balance in dryland hay meadow.
WATER: There are two wells. Irrigation water is from BIA and is allocated with land.
– Split-level house: main level—kitchen with eating area, living and dining room with fireplace, mud room and half bath. Upper level—three bedrooms, 2 baths. Lower level—rec room and an extra room plumbed for another bathroom. Approximately 2,604 sq ft. Detached (20’ x 28’) double garage.
– Two-story house: main level—kitchen with dining area, two bedrooms, bath, and an office. Upper level—two bedrooms, bath, plus spacious sewing room with lots of storage and work space. Lower level—family room with fireplace plus a storage area. Approximately 2, 850 sq ft. Detached (14’ x 26’) single garage.
– 40’ x 60’ steel sided shop with a concrete floor, insulated, heated, two 16′ doors
– 32’ x 80’ wood frame machine storage building
– 32’ x 80’ Quonset building with concrete pad used for machinery storage
– 32’ x 42’ Butler steel building on concrete pad
– 24’ x 28’ wood frame barn with loft
MINERALS: None available
REAL ESTATE TAXES: Obtaining.
BROKER COMMENTS: This 40-acre parcel is being parceled off of existing wheat farm. The owner is keeping an access to remainder property to the west of parcel, as well as access to power.
Dick Grosskopf 406-860-1512 | email@example.com