Bighorn Irrigated Farm – $1,150,000 – Hardin, MT 59034
214 irrigated acres located a couple miles southwest of Hardin, Montana. A very productive farm with great water in one of Montana’s best growing season. Buried pipe with risers provide water for the gated irrigation pipes. Improvements include 2 homes, shop, equipment building, small feed yard, heated tack & vet building. Pride of ownership shines on the Bighorn Irrigated Farm.
841 Randall Road
Hardin, Montana 59034: $1,150,000
LOCATION: Easily accessed just three short miles southwest of Hardin, Montana off of Randall Road.
Hardin is the county seat of Big Horn County with a population of 3,500 people. Hardin is 45 miles east of Billings, MT, and a short commute on I-90.
Billings is Montana’s largest city with superior air service and major medical, along with being Montana’s financial hub.
CLIMATE: Hardin is in an average of 130+ day growing season with an average rainfall of 12 – 14 inches per year.
ACREAGE: 214.226 total acres
– 79.0 acres – Forage Wheat
– 25.5 acres – Alfalfa
– 53.66 acres – Fertilized for corn
– 56+ acres – Balance in grass & home site
– Two homes: Home #1: Built in 1971 with numerous updates, 3,352 sq. ft., double attached heated garage, concrete patio with fire pit. Main Level – 1,956 sq. ft., 3-bedrooms, 2 baths, family room with woodstove, office library, and a fireplace. Fully finished basement, 1,396 sq. ft., family room with fireplace and bath. The home has gas (propane) forced air, central air, and a woodstove.
– Home #2: Built in 1948 with several updates, 1,288 sq. ft. on the main level, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, entryway, kitchen with eating area, living room, and a double detached garage. Home is heated with oil forced air and a pellet stove.
There are mature trees / shelter belt and garden area on the home site.
– Shop: 32’x 40′, 10′ tall, insulated and heated with propane.
– Machinery Building: 30′ x 60′ with south side lean-to storage, two doors
– Barn: with a lean-to, vet/tack room, heated floors
– 3,000 bushel grain storage
– Chicken coop
– Corrals: concrete bunk lines
– Buried irrigation pipes with risers, electric pump
WATER: Two wells – both homes and corrals. 203.12 shares Two Leggins Water Users Association – cost $14 per share.
TAXES: $3,498.54 for 2017.
TERMS: Cash to seller.
BROKER COMMENTS: Well maintained productive farm in one of Montana’s best growing seasons. Good water along with small feed yard makes this farm a great home base or addition to your operation.
Scott Grosskopf 406-861-4558 | firstname.lastname@example.org