“Gem on the Judith River” – $2,950,000 – Hobson, MT 59452
Nestled in the heart of Central Montana’s Judith Basin on the banks of the Judith River lies the “Gem on the Judith”!
A Historic Ranch that has history dating back to the Cattle Barons of Central Montana. Famous Western Artists and Cowboy Charles Marion Russell was famously photographed on the ranch along with the Judith Wagon in the 1880’s.
Water—Water—Water – A mile of the Judith River meanders through the ranch with Courtney’s Creek flowing into the Judith providing abundant habitat for waterfowl, trout, and wildlife.
A must see Headquarters! The names sake of the private road leading into the ranch the 1886 Red Barn can be seen down the valley.
216 Red Barn Road
Hobson, Montana 59452: $2,950,000
LOCATION: Eleven miles west of Hobson, Montana. The Old Cowboy Town of Utica, Montana in Judith Basin County.
– Billings, MT—148 miles SE
– Great Falls, MT—78 miles NW
– Lewistown, MT—34 miles E
AREA FEATURES: The “Gem on the Judith” is located in one of the States best areas for the outdoor enthusiast. The Judith River that drains out of the Little Belt Mountains to the west is part of the Lewis & Clark National Forest with some of the best trails, hunting and fishing in the State. The Snowy Mountains are across the Judith Basin toward the east. Ackley Lake State Park is seven short miles from the ranch—boating and fishing await.
ACRES: 740 +/- Total (Buyer to verify)
– 380 Deeded acres
– 360 State Lease
Main House: 7,660 sq. ft. (Buyer to verify)
– 4 Bedrooms
– 3 full bathrooms, 3 half baths
– Master Great Room with bar
– Executive Office space
– Bonus craft room
– Sun room / Gathering room
– Large heated 3 car garage with half bath
– Large yard with apple orchard, plum trees, chokecherry trees, and garden area
Manager’s House: 2,040 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 baths
– 1886 Historic Red Barn – tack room, loft
– Livestock Barn – power, lights
– Shop – power, concrete floor, 220, wood stove
– Equipment Shed / Feed Storage – power, 3 concrete bays with sliding doors
– Small bunk house
– Four livestock buildings divided into 8 separate runs with water
– Excellent working corrals
– Corrals with shelters, water, feed bunks
– Very well fenced and cross fenced
WATER RIGHTS: Eleven water rights including two Artisan wells one of which provides water throughout the buildings and livestock water. 100 gpm under 50 lbs. of pressure.
WILDLIFE: Elk, moose, mule deer, whitetail deer, waterfowl, upland game birds, and pheasant.
MINERALS: Any that Sellers may own.
TAXES: $6,000.26 for 2020.
TERMS: Cash to seller.
Seller is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Montana.
Scott Grosskopf 406-861-4558 | email@example.com